Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dreams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2008 at 13:43
Ok V had a dream last night that a few houses beside me started falling sideways and leaning on my house! Now what does that mean...............
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Sponsored Links

maryi View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
74-80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2008 at 19:25
I had an awful one last night - Dreamed I was buried alive and could not move or get out and it was pitch black.    I woke up drowned with sweat in a complete tangle in the duvet - It took me about an hour to calm down.     Ugh - awful.
mary
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2008 at 20:03

That happened to me last week Maryi! Not the same dream but I was roaring and could not wake up.  When I woke up Martin said "what were you dreaming about"... I could have smacked him!!! I said "why did you not wake me up"... Ah he said it was just funny..

.... I was in bits after it.....shook like a leaf for about an hour...

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
maryi View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
74-80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2008 at 14:28
T, Mossy slept through the whole lot - even when I tried to wake him - nothing.   Or was he pretending......
mary
BrendanFella View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
1967-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanFella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2008 at 18:07

Originally posted by maryi maryi wrote:

T, Mossy slept through the whole lot -

That can't be Mossy Doyle, can it?

BrendanFella

IRISH DIPLOMACY IS....The ability to tell a man to Go To Hell so that He looks forward to making the trip.

maryi View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
74-80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2008 at 21:36
Sorry Bren, I married a Kerryman - Mossy O'Sullivan.    Actually when we started to go out - back in the last century    I noticed that his family called him Mossy, the GAA (long story) call him Muiris, at work he is called Maurice - so I asked him which would he prefer I call him,  he answered Sir !!! ( he is a teacher )  
mary
Biker Pat View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2008 at 22:20

Love it Maryi

I'm officially Patrick on my Birth Cert.

My family called me Padraic and still do.

My classmates called me Paddy.

A neighbour called Padraig.

And when I joined Aer Lingus in '73 my first supervisor asked me what's your name.

I told him all of the above and to his enormous credit he said we'll call you 'Pat'. Makes it easy and you'll be known as one name.

And that has stuck with me since except for any family I meet who will still call me Padraic.

They say what's in a name

Edited by Biker Pat
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-November-2008 at 00:04

Biker Patrick.................Biker Padraig...............Biker Paddy

Nah..............don't think so .

Well done that supervisor.

maryi View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
74-80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2008 at 00:02

Rolo Biker Padraic does not have the same ring to it al all.   

It is funny how names are changed in Ireland - we all know an Anto - one of my best friends was an AO - Adrian,  My mom was known as Babe the youngest of 13 and my dad who was Daniel James was known as Donie or Donal.  (17 in two families )  There is SFA you can do with Mary T.G.Actually that is why I am called MaryI as there are 3 marys in the family.   brother in law married a mary and I have a sister in law mary. 

Edited by maryi
mary
DAYO View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
70 / 76

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAYO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2008 at 13:57
Two many Mary's if you ask me  lol
Dayo

Grov'in 70 - 76
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
1967-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanFella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2008 at 16:39

Paddy The Biker...LOL

Just think we can change all those Irish jokes...Paddy The Englishman, Paddy The Scotsman and Paddy the Irishman walk into bar.......to

Paddy The Englishman, Paddy The Scotsman and Paddy The Biker.....

Another name for Patrick seemed to be "WHACKER"..???????

Edited by BrendanFella
BrendanFella

IRISH DIPLOMACY IS....The ability to tell a man to Go To Hell so that He looks forward to making the trip.

eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2009 at 17:07

Ok V where are ya! Had a dream last night that I was at a concert with this mad lot.  Anyhow Kay was there buying toilet supplies and Rolo was in a purple suit with a yellow shirt! Mad...

What does that mean?

verh View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2009 at 23:39
T,  You will have to pm Biker Pat, gave the book to him - so he will translate that dream while lying in the sun  -  hope it is something great Love, V
Verona
monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2009 at 21:57

Last night I dreamt I had a bag of jelly

babies and as I haven't eaten any sweets

since the New Year began,I decided that I

would only eat the black ones(my favourites).

Is there some earth-shattering meaning to

this dream.
There is a crack in everything ...... that's how the light gets in
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2009 at 22:10
yep Frank you're missing your jelly babies treat yourself
Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
1967-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanFella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2009 at 22:29

Monarch....It means you ain't getting your moneys worth. Ya gotta eat them ALL.

Jeez, I thought I had problems till I found this thread......LOL

BrendanFella

Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2010 at 20:16
Originally posted by Biker Pat Biker Pat wrote:

I was wondering what people's interpretation of dreams are?

For example,

Quick summary.

I had a dream the other night that I was holed up with a load of people, a la The Alamo, and we had basic weapons against current armoury. I was the leader of this group.

We also had basic rations and a lot of people died of starvation but we held out in the end and the outside army withdrew and went away.

Lot's of other stuff went on in the dream as well, violence, erotica, blood and gore, real voices etc...

I emerged with the few remaining few survivors to a hero's welcome.

Now the thing about this dream was that I could clearly see people, they were real people but I didn't know any of them from my life.

How does the mind do this or what goes on in dreams?

Puy says that I was probably a King in another life and that they were people from back then. Thai's believe in re-incarnation.

Could this be true because besides this dream I often get "deja vu" feelings, like I've been in a certain place before.

Robbie,

Referring to your thread on Dreams.

This came up before and here's some comments.

Pat
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Robbie63 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
80-83

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbie63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2010 at 23:20
Thanks Pat. I never noticed that.
Robbie     
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-November-2010 at 17:43
I had a dream last night that the Rolling Stones were playing in my garden at home! I was going out with one of them!!!! Somehow this lad was good looking and must of been a stand in for the night as that lot are pure UGG!!! ... Anyhow he was a bit of alright.....
Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2010 at 07:43
..so that's where I was .........
THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE
BUT IT'LL PISS YOU OFF FIRST
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>