Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The GAA site

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 95>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2008 at 11:12
Eh Gary..................sorry but I don't do rants, logical, well thought out and balanced arguments maybe, but definitely not rants .
Sponsored Links

Aries View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2008 at 11:38

EEh !     Right Rolo. Point taken

Now did you take the blue pill with the two little white ones this morning. Theres a good lad  

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE
BUT IT'LL PISS YOU OFF FIRST
Black Russian View Drop Down
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2008 at 11:45
Originally posted by Rolo Rolo wrote:

Eh Gary..................sorry but I don't do rants, logical, well thought out and balanced arguments maybe, but definitely not rants .

Another way of saying "Just Waffling" out of him
"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
whippersnapper View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
85-89

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whippersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2008 at 13:36

thanks be to God this thread is being kept clear of all non GAA stuff. Oh....

anyway - Cork:

just like a previous sporting disagreement (Saipan), I think there's wrong on both sides.

Frank Murphy is a symbol of all that is god awful about the GAA and the sport we love. He uses the rule book to get injustice rather than justice, he has a terrible combover unless I'm sorely mistaken, he comes across like a man who has never played a game, he lectures amateurs who give of their time for free while pocketing a salary himself and is a dictator who places yes men round the place

BUT, and this is a huge but, just like every other good administrator, the games would not happen without him. If nobody set up the fixtures, read the rules, applied the disciplinary hearings etc etc, then there would be no games. Each and every club, league etc, that I have ever played in had such characters. Desparate sad fellas one and all, but necessary.

the Cork county board voted for a motion designed to clip billy's wings. that is what we get from democracy - sometimes you get gobsh1tes voting for some terribly silly things

I read Tom humphrey's interview with Sean Og at the weekend. the players are right to believe that the board should give the manager his choice of selectors, that they should get boiled chicken rather than ham sambos (although quite how big a difference that really makes is questionable) etc. etc

But they are wrong to feel that they should ignore the deemocratic decision of the board. They should go to their club delegates and argue their case, persuade them of their position and get the delegates to convene an EGM and reverse the position. they can vote out Teddy and back Billy if they choose.

If Sean Og wants to cause a  revolution he would probably find far more backers in a small club anywhere in Cork then he would at county board level. Revolution start from the grassroots not from the palace. If you're inside the tent, all you're doing is p1ssing on those outside, you're not weakening the system from within, you're part of the system.

Anyway, they can't really go on strike - they can refuse to play. but the board could surely find 15 people in the whole of Cork to represent the county? If they really wanted to, there would never be a game without 15 rebels on the pitch.

But this is not about a strike, this is a power struggle

And Cork's biggest enemy (and I am speaking abpout both sides here) is their arrogance. That awful belief that they are the Independent Republic of Cork, that they are the real capital, that the Banks is the national anthem.

Very hard to find pity for any of them - the hurlers have slipped to Kilkenny and failed to keep pace, the footballers are still well short of real quality, the county board obnoxious.

c'mon the Dubs.

I'm searching for that cash I should have saved for the crash
joey the lips View Drop Down
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2008 at 13:38
Just reading thaat Darragh O Se is staying on for another year with Kerry ,going for that 3 in a row i would say,Great news (Not) 
You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2008 at 13:44
EXCELLENT READ WHIPPERSNAPPER, U HAVE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD.THE TAIL WAGGING THE DOG
Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2008 at 14:50
he he he
maryi View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
74-80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-January-2008 at 20:37

Lads

I have been away for a few days - some good - some not so good.  However,  Was at a Referee's presentation in Croke Park.   All everyone was talking about was the Cork situation.  There was a meeting all day Saturday and all the players did was come up with more demands.   I agree with W.S. Smurf is an idiot!   He is arrogant and extremely important in his own mind but Donál Óg is as bad if not worse.   There is no pride in the Jersey, and no willingness to compromise on any front.   These players received the bones of €30,000 last year in free holidays, cars, tickets to matches (26 for quarter, semi and finals) to do with what they wished.   They have been placed in jobs which enable them to take time off as needed for training, challenge matches, etc.,   In Kerry the Gooch and Star are both Youth officers with A.I.B. They go around schools promoting the bank and I was told that If you wnat one of the players to open a fete or present medals to under aged teams the fee is between €500 and €2000.   Our local club here have forked out huge amounts for certain people to attend summer camps, present underage trophies and it is the same in every county.  

If I was managing the Cork Team - not one of them would ever see a cork jersey again.   They have insulted the people of their county.   The county board will always be there - the team will come and go.

There my rant is over !!!!

mary
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-February-2008 at 11:14

Think you hit the nail on the head there Snapper def power struggle down in cork and reckon will be a lose lose situation in the end .

Quite frankly if the miss the whole season will anyone outside of Cork care I really dont think so .

Hoping to get to Parnell Park this saturday for my first game of the season Up the dubs

Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-February-2008 at 11:18

Gis a shout if ya make it J.

Will be in the usual spot, behind the Dug Out at the Killester end.

Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-February-2008 at 11:22
will do R going with the bro really looking forward to getting up close and personnel with my Jayo
Blondie
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-February-2008 at 12:18
It  is a 7 oclock kisck off isnt it ????/
Blondie
Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-February-2008 at 13:32
Come on Ireland
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-February-2008 at 13:38
 7 is correct Blondie ,and like u i am looking forward to the game ,looks like we could be in for a very Shi-ty night weather wise ,winter woollies will be the order of the day,and  a hot whiskey before and after to keep the nip at bay
Black Russian View Drop Down
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-February-2008 at 13:44

How much are the tickets ???
"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-February-2008 at 13:52

Originally posted by joey the lips joey the lips wrote:

7 is correct Blondie ,and like u i am looking forward to the game ,looks like we could be in for a very Shi-ty night weather wise ,winter woollies will be the order of the day,and  a hot whiskey before and after to keep the nip at bay

Tx Joey will wrap up warm thermals order of the day.

Not sure P think they are tenner

Blondie
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-February-2008 at 14:02
Should not be more than 15euros and kids under 16 are free
maryi View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
74-80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-February-2008 at 14:31
Originally posted by Blondie Blondie wrote:

Originally posted by joey the lips joey the lips wrote:

Tx Joey will wrap up warm thermals order of the day.

Not sure P think they are tenner

Enjoy the game

Be warned it is snowing here in Tralee hope it's not on its way to you

mary
Haviland Tuf View Drop Down
82-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haviland Tuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-February-2008 at 18:12
To get warmer but wetter tomorrow.  How is the pitch in PP?  was pretty cut up after the last game?  If it rains tomorrow could be a bit muddy.
Coincidence, if traced back far enough, becomes inevitable
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2008 at 17:33

Originally posted by Blondie Blondie wrote:

It  is a 7 oclock kisck off isnt it ????/

Nah J, it's a Seven O'Clock........... " Throw in "................Jeez .

We had our Under 12s out in Castleknock this morning, first year and first game in the "A" Division for us.

All that I will say is that we have a lot of work to do.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 95>