Forum Home Forum Home > The Grove Social Club > The Compound
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

the courtyard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
I spend too much time here!!!
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-August-2008 at 12:50
Originally posted by Grovegirl Grovegirl wrote:

What an introduction to the Grove , Pete!...lead astray on the first night. 

Yeah but the only problem was I was going out with "My First Girlfriend" at the time too.. I only ever "Did the Dirt" or "Snogging someone else" twice in my life and that was the first time... If I only knew then what I know now!!!... I have just remember that girls name and she lived in Marino.... I am not mentioning any names though
"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
Sponsored Links

Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-August-2008 at 18:36
Is she a member of the site??
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
ShortHairHippie View Drop Down
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-November-2008 at 09:19
Originally posted by Brunswick Brunswick wrote:

Is she a member of the site??

Bruns,l think BR is taking that to the grave with him
upon us all,a little rain must fall
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2008 at 22:52
Renegade3 View Drop Down
81-86

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renegade3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2008 at 02:01
Originally posted by Floyd Floyd wrote:

I NEVER asked anyone 'would you like to come out to the compund?' as that (in my head) sounded like I would have been after only one thing and I didn't want to frighten anyone off. In fact if someone did say yes to a dance I was grateful enough for that.

I had a HORRIBLE experience in the compound one night. I was going a with a girl and it wasn't going well,not working out and I didn't really want to go any longer but didn't know how to 'break it off' (God-isn't that a real teenage expression?) And just as I was rehearsng the words in my head she said 'wait-before you say anything,here's your birthday present' and gave me a watch! Gobsmacked,I took it and thanked her,and then (you know what's coming next) she said 'what were you going to say?' and I then broke it off!

Terrible.

Who'd be a teenager.

Lets face it Floyd, you would have been wasting your time asking anyone to go out to the Compound, you looked so ,well...sexy and all!!
I got more women out there than I had hot Dinners!! and the long Reefer jackets we wore back then hid a lot when you were reaching for the Apples!!!!Got myself an orchard load of those!!!All the ugly people must have been inside and never heard of it because nobody asked them to go out there....truth hurts!!!
Cecil Rocks!
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2008 at 13:16

I never liked loose boys!

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
BrendanFella View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
1967-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanFella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2008 at 13:35
I liked loose women....BUT couldn't find any. I think it was fiction in the 60's

Edited by BrendanFella
BrendanFella

IRISH DIPLOMACY IS....The ability to tell a man to Go To Hell so that He looks forward to making the trip.

DAYO View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
70 / 76

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAYO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2008 at 13:53

Sure Brendan our compound was the whole football pitch at Belgrove when they used to open the doors at the back of the stage because the women got so hot    NOT.   Ya could always try to catch one when they were running for the jax at the start of the slow set's. If you were quick that is.

Dayo

Grov'in 70 - 76
maryi View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
74-80

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2008 at 14:20

Yeah Dayo,

We were great at the old sprint to the jax - a lot of us could have tried out for the Olympics

mary
Aries View Drop Down
70’s ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2008 at 15:28
The only place for a snog then was in the middle of the floor at the back. Foreign territory for me I might add as I didn't know a sinner that end. But a snog was a snog he he he
THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE
BUT IT'LL PISS YOU OFF FIRST
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2008 at 17:30

Only compound I knew was compound interest!

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-November-2008 at 00:00
Yeah T, heard that you'd a big interest in The Compound .
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-November-2008 at 04:25
Always loved accounting Ronan and counting jelly tots....
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-February-2012 at 22:27
I remember a friend of ours from Clontarf (french fella living in Ireland) telling me one night (think it was one of them Summer reunions on the Wednesday) that this other French girl in the "compound" was (and I quote) "mad about hippies" and wanted me to go out to her.  I cant remember if I thought it was a wind-up by him/her or I was just too shy but I didnt head out.  Heading home at 1am, I saw herself and this other long haired chap together and thinking to myself "you complete wally"...... Unhappy

Pogue Mahoney View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2012 at 03:56
We should consider ourselves lucky that pepper spray wasn't invented yet.
DAYO View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
70 / 76

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAYO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2012 at 20:12
These days Pogue you would probably get a couple of hundred volts in the ass from one of those zappers. Our Teresa would have about 1000 volts in her one then when you are down she would send for all her brothers. Jases wept.......
Dayo

Grov'in 70 - 76
Pogue Mahoney View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2012 at 21:05
In the old Grove they wouldn't let you go outside and come back in again. Once you were inside you had to keep quiet and listen to the music. You were only allowed talk when the French and Spanish arrived and if they wanted to rob your girlfriend you had to let them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345