Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Fun Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 311>
Author
Really Really Senior Member
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2006 at 21:49

Thanks Mel...the views from up there were amazing...the one of the Hudson Bay was taken from there too obviously.

It was worth the 2 and a half hours queuing just for the views
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - (Henri Cartier-Bresson)
Sponsored Links

Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2006 at 21:51
Yeah, I can see what you mean.  Really good!
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2006 at 22:38

HD-is the Manhattan Skyride still at the top of the Empire State?

I remember that was a wee bit scarier than I thought it would be...

There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
Hayseed Dixie View Drop Down
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2006 at 22:44

Sure is Floydman... didn't do it myself cos I'm never really impressed by those IMAX type things..maybe I should have...would have got to skip the queue too...(course it was twice the price).
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - (Henri Cartier-Bresson)
finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2006 at 23:05
Lady in the bay great shot, atmosphere very evocative
A man must have a code
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-November-2006 at 23:16

Thanks Finno

Is strange... cos it looks like twilight or early morning..but was taken at the same time as the others..but almost directly in to the sun...so guess the camera in trying to compensate for the direct light produced that effect...
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2006 at 01:34

Originally posted by Hayseed Dixie Hayseed Dixie wrote:

Sure is Floydman... didn't do it myself cos I'm never really impressed by those IMAX type things..maybe I should have...would have got to skip the queue too...(course it was twice the price).

Shoulda done it HD. As Floydman says, looks like a load of rubbish but is really a good laugh.

PS. Got me tickets for Roger today. Real dear I know, but whatcha gonna do  ?

finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-November-2006 at 11:12
Originally posted by Hayseed Dixie Hayseed Dixie wrote:

Thanks Finno

Is strange... cos it looks like twilight or early morning..but was taken at the same time as the others..but almost directly in to the sun...so guess the camera in trying to compensate for the direct light produced that effect...

Dont be giving away trade secrets!
A man must have a code
freebird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freebird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2006 at 07:48

Finno love the 'summers day' shot of the Castle very haunting

HD great shot from the empire state building. Thanks for the info on photo bucket will try and download some later

Biker Pat View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-November-2006 at 13:46

Great pphotos HD and Finno.

Those New York photos bring back some memories. My sister lived there in the mid 80's and I went over for a week and she took me everywhere. Great city.
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2006 at 10:29

Yeah..it really is Pat..can't wait to get back and bring the whole gang this time.

I'm a big movie buff and there were so many famous places from the movies that I wanted to see but didn't get time...
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-December-2006 at 15:45

Okay..here's a pic of the drunken revellers in the Nep last night. A great night was had by all....and the Nep hasn't changed much...

Could have done with some heavy duty raingear on the way home though

’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-December-2006 at 15:49

Only one missing there is Finno...cos he was taking the pic..so....

Mel and Finno getting all cuddly...awww!! hehehe!!
Black Russian View Drop Down
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-December-2006 at 18:34
Can we add any pics in here including pictures from Gigs or should we set up another topic for Gig photos???
"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-December-2006 at 19:11
Great photos HD. What are you doing with the rest? Well, floydman you took some as well, are you going to share? 
A man must have a code
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-December-2006 at 19:13

Nice pics HD. What kinda music was playing in the Nep or is it a juke box set up?

May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-December-2006 at 20:04

Can post the rest up here too Finno...have already uploaded them to Fotki.com ..my preferred Online Photo storage site at the mo..

Pete..is called Interesting Pics...so if you think it's interesting...or someone would be interested..post away..I'd love to see anyway

Pat... no live music I'm afraid...unless you count a bunch of GSCers singing along to Pink Floy and Thin Lizzy and Radiohead..hehe!!

They have an MP3 type jukebox with a pretty good selection of stuff.

Unfortunately they also have two big TV screens. I really hate the ide of TV's in a pub..if I wanna watch TV i'll stay home...
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-December-2006 at 20:09

Okay..here's the rest of the pics I took...also have a short video I took on my phone which I'll upload to YouTube or something and post the link later.

’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-December-2006 at 20:13
and the last few...

Floyd View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
84 to 89 (ask Tonto)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-December-2006 at 21:00
Erm...working on the post now...
There are three kinds of people in the world,those who are able to count,and those who can't...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 311>