Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What Album are you listening to most at the moment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 150>
Author
Really Really Senior Member
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Album are you listening to most at the moment
    Posted: 22-September-2006 at 10:46

Okay..I know..I've lost the run of myself...but I thought would be interesting to know what kind of stuff we are all listening to these days! Maybe get some ideas for new CD's to buy..or dare I say it..Chrissy pressies...hehehe!!

To start the ball rolling... I'm listening a lot to Thom Yorke's debut solo effort The Eraser at the moment..listen to quite a lot of different stuff..but that album seems to get played more than any other at the moment...

Edited by Hayseed Dixie
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - (Henri Cartier-Bresson)
Sponsored Links

Elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2006 at 11:14

I've got the new Mogwai album Mr Beast on a loop for the past few weeks, it is kickin'... they are fantastic, not sure if many people know of 'em.  Went to see them in the Olympia a good few years back and was v impressed.  I know they played the Electric Picnic recently but I couldn't make it down.  They have such a great sound, sonic landscape type stuff with amazing huge kick ass guitar breaks after great build ups! I think any ex Grover would love 'em.

Hayseed Dixie View Drop Down
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2006 at 11:17

*Adds that one to the list*

Thanks Elvira...must check 'em out.
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - (Henri Cartier-Bresson)
star View Drop Down
89-92 I think so anyway!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2006 at 17:44

Em.. I got out my Zeppelin albums the other day, a break from The Tweenies (I have a 2 yr old girl).

When I go walking in the evenings I blast out Led Zep 11 and Led Zep IV. I am very partial to Guns N' Roses "Appetite For Destruction". I still think that is one of the best albums ever.

On the other side of me, I have been playing Madonna's "Confession's On A Dancefloor". Great for a boogie, the track's are all upbeat, great party album i'd reckon.

I also love Bic Runga and The Cardigans.  

Never Again on a school night! Famous last words
Mrs R Smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs R Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2006 at 18:24

Lots of Jeff Buckley like him for times of reflection and chillage its good for the baby they say, mind you have booked tickets for the Killers in Nov.

My partner reading over my shoulder said I have also been listening to alot of west**** JOKING Rory Gallagher spose I have well at least baby will have good taste in music ..Any other sugestions?

xk
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2006 at 19:13

Nick Cave...always good for a bit of introspective psycho analysis..not great for the baby tho...Radiohead..anytime...John Martyn does the chillage thing for me..especially his newer stuff..

with me..the albums that are always somewhee near my player are OK Computer, Kid A, Amnesiac from Radiohead...Kinda Blue..Miles Davis, Disraeli Gears..Cream..Presence...Led Zep...Flyer..Naznci Griffith (for the softie in me)..In Utero ..Nirvana..when I need to smash things..hehehe..The Beatles White Album and Abbey Road...and Various Opera and Classical albums depending on my mood...
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2006 at 19:14

Damn..I'm running late now... herself and myself are out on the town tonight...so gotta go shower..talk later guys...
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2006 at 20:15
checking out some of the posts in the "Grove songs" thread the other day, I put on the best of foreigner and I cant stop playing it, good background music when reading the posts I find...espec. Urgent and Juke Box Hero

Edited by Brunswick
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Biker Pat View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2006 at 20:40

Was just bleming Tattoo You by Rolling Stones (love Black Limousine) and Nils Lofgren's A&M years album.
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2006 at 20:51

Am also listening to compilation Cd's I've done recently and over the last year.

Have 26 done now and they have music that I love and span many years and which I bring with me when I'm going away.

I found a bar in Bangkok that lets me take over the music when I'm there and I play my Cd's.

They get great reviews from people who drop in.

The Cecil of the Orient

Edited by Biker Pat

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
aurnia View Drop Down
88-90

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aurnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2006 at 23:24

Funny enough..

Been listening to a lot of prog rock of late! Meep!

So Yes, Rainbow, Van Halen, Foreigner, Ram Jam, Boston, Fleetwood Mac.. you get the picture eh!

Basically a lot of the old old Grove Classics..

Now where did I put my Stevie Nicks album - I just love her!

O

Like I said before, I'm not that much of a goth to not listen to other stuff.. and er I wasn't always a goth either! I hung around many rockers on summer hols in Wexford as a teenager before, during and after my Grove years!

Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2006 at 23:56

Also Boston's 1st album actually.  Always loved 'more than a feeling' but even more since the documentary.  In fact, whole album is brill - as is most of Boston's stuff, IMHO.

TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2006 at 10:50
Originally posted by aurnia aurnia wrote:

Like I said before, I'm not that much of a goth to not listen to other stuff.. and er I wasn't always a goth either! I hung around many rockers on summer hols in Wexford as a teenager before, during and after my Grove years!

Think a lot of us Ex-Grovers seem to be like that Orla. I know a lot of the people I hung around with were into other musical types. Some of my best mates were Mods and Rudeboys and Punks..so as well as the stuff I was in to I listened to the likes of The Jam, The Kinks, Small Faces, Madness, The Specials, Desmond Dekker, The Clash, The Buzzcocks...and I still love to listen to that kinda stuff now...like you say...is healthy to have a diverse musical collection. There's very little music that I wont try these days.....cept maybe Country and Irish..I draw the line there...hehehe....

Lately listenening to a LOT of Radiohead and I adore Thom Yorke's album The Eraser..kinda getting more into experimental electronic music..soundscape sorta stuff...so looking for recommendations actually...

Anyway..sorry for rambling...hehehe!! do that when I start to talk about my favourite subject...
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-September-2006 at 10:54

Oh and I also draw the line with most of the souless monotonous drivel that passes for RnB these days..think I'd listen to C&I before that stuff..

I'm a big fan of Buffy...(I know...little old for it..but I love that show
)..and there was this episode were this soul-less demon,  masquerading as a human, was rooming with Buffy and she had a huge poster of Celine Dion on the wall...always thought that was perfect..*g*
xgrovehead View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

88/89 ish to 1992ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xgrovehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2006 at 21:10

Originally posted by Hayseed Dixie Hayseed Dixie wrote:

I'm a big fan of Buffy...(I know...little old for it..but I love that show
)..and there was this episode were this soul-less demon,  masquerading as a human, was rooming with Buffy and she had a huge poster of Celine Dion on the wall...always thought that was perfect..*g*

LOL Dixie!

I'm listening to Jack Johnston at the mo - anyone heard his stuff.  Real summer chill out music.  So obviously it'll have to go with the current weather....................

Edited by xgrovehead
We have not inherited the earth from our ancestors, we have only borrowed it from our children.
-Ancient Proverb.
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2006 at 21:35

Can't say I've heard much of him yet...saw a copy of the CD at a friends house the other night..was a little intrigued cos it looked like some kind of folky blues thing..but then maybe I was just associating with Robert Johnson or something..

Is it any good? what kinda stuff does he do?
xgrovehead View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

88/89 ish to 1992ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xgrovehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2006 at 09:49

Its bouncy summer flip flop music - sorry its better than that but the best I description I can muster at the mo - off to find out what sh*t hit the fan while I was off.  Worth a listen though.

Later lads and lassies.

We have not inherited the earth from our ancestors, we have only borrowed it from our children.
-Ancient Proverb.
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2006 at 11:36
Listening to compilation Cd at mo lots of "grove music" on it really good  cant remember title though
Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2006 at 13:47

Originally posted by Blondie Blondie wrote:

Listening to compilation Cd at mo lots of "grove music" on it really good  cant remember title though

Ditto Blondie. As stated above I've compiled 26 Cd's of music from across the years. This the stuff I'm playing mostly but also my vinyl get a run as well.

Was listening to "Live Dates" by Wishbone Ash over the weekend.

Rock on. 

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2006 at 14:21
Originally posted by Biker Pat Biker Pat wrote:

Originally posted by Blondie Blondie wrote:

Ditto Blondie. As stated above I've compiled 26 Cd's of music from across the years. This the stuff I'm playing mostly but also my vinyl get a run as well.

Was listening to "Live Dates" by Wishbone Ash over the weekend.

Rock on. 

yeh know what you mean Pat great listening to Cd when every track that comes on you're going "Love this one "

Do listen to n ewer stuff whatever Liam is in to normally but the oldies are the best in my book

Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 150>