Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What Album are you listening to most at the moment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 137138139140141 150>
Author
I spend too much time here!!!
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-September-2017 at 13:05

There is a crack in everything ...... that's how the light gets in
Sponsored Links

Pogue Mahoney View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-September-2017 at 16:01
Finally - a song about the man in the tinfoil hat

monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2017 at 13:14
Lemon Twigs - Do Hollywood . Playing my way into my newest LP .

Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2017 at 07:31
Picked up "Feats Don't Fail me now" by Little Feat second hand yesterday, so I guess that's what I'm listening to most at the moment. Wink
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2017 at 15:37
Really enjoying this album .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87jIdvGPDj4

Edited by monarch - 30-September-2017 at 15:39
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-October-2017 at 15:17
"Time Fades Away" - Neil Young

One of my all time favourite albums.
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-November-2017 at 15:56

Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2017 at 14:47
"Highway 61 Revisited" - Bob Dylan.

One of my all time favourite albums. Recorded in 1965. A classic album.
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
87-92 (I think)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-November-2017 at 16:18
I'm loving this recently...

Les Claypool (from Primus) and Sean Lennon (from John and Yoko) teamed up for the Lennon Claypool Delirium
monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-November-2017 at 00:22
Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

I'm loving this recently...

Les Claypool (from Primus) and Sean Lennon (from John and Yoko) teamed up for the Lennon Claypool Delirium

Killian , how do you get video's to play directly on a page rather than having to jump to YouTube by hyper link ? .

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
87-92 (I think)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-November-2017 at 08:54
Frank, you have two options:
On the full reply editor, click the Insert moveiicon and ion the pop-up dialog, enter the youtube filename into the YouTube File Name field. For a youtube video whose web address is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qraITNLpSas then use the last bit after the equals (the qraITNLpSas).

Alternatively, you can type the BBcode directly within your post...
[TUBE]qraITNLpSas[/TUBE]

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
87-92 (I think)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-November-2017 at 08:56
Oh and I'd recommend the above Primus video taken from their new album, The Desaturating Seven.
A concept album based on the children's book The Rainbow Goblins, written by Italian author of children's books, Ul de Rico...

1. The Valley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui0Y0fVRjzU
2. The Seven: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIyzA-xHnh0
3. The Trek: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEOH7MeltqU
4. The Scheme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc7Fa2ihwpQ
5. The Dream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qraITNLpSas
6. The Storm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bfF94YCu7o
7. The Ends: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH0ciOB9Fgw
Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-June-2018 at 01:09
Howyis! I told them all in the other thread that I was going to bed - and I am. Sneaked over here for a quick look. I thought the stuff I listened to (some of it) was obscure(ish) but the stuff here ... Maybe it's me, I can't keep up anymore! I'm going to sneak a track on here - Frank might know it - I think it's good but then again ... I like katrina and the waves! It's the Edgar Broughton Band, and I think this song   ******* (can't think of the word) the Simpsons - in any event, Marge stars in this : Officer Dan ... https://youtu.be/DZrkjWsI9bs
One of its legs is both the same

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-June-2018 at 01:12
Well ok, she's called Madge in the song, but that's just for legal copyright protection purposes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-July-2018 at 10:58
Lol! Was lurking around the back end of this thread, around 2006 or so, saw some impassioned debate about Black Betty - I always liked (loved would be too strong) the song, as far as I know the band (Ram Jam) did it as a kind of a pisstake on the old blues stuff - Leadbelly I think either wrote the original or played the first recognisable versions of it ...

I don't really listen to vinyl or CDs much at the mo, just YouTube and stuff that Spotify keep sending me. Annette got me a new record deck at Christmas and I've used it once I think ... But there are logistical reasons for that, it's in the wrong part of the house for playing loud ... Mind you, it's a small house no nowhere suitable for playing loud if there is anyone else in ... Will have to rectify all of that... Also I'm the world's worst for ignoring new music and keep going back to the oldies and goodies that I love...but I have got major into Jack White and ..,. Ehhhh ... Can't think of anyone else right now. Anyway, I know I'm rambling ... Just slowly getting into the day ! I'll stop now so ...
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-July-2018 at 12:07
I'm also brutal with new music. Once in a while, something grabs me, but otherwise I'm a "traditionalist" at heart.
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-July-2018 at 22:53
Focus was more on football today, but for some reason this absolute gem came to mind this evening. Another in a country-rock kind of vein, but doesn't matter what musical genre you prefer, this is a must-hear:
Copperhead Road, by Steve Earle ... Just brilliant. https://youtu.be/xvaEJzoaYZk
monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2018 at 00:00

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2018 at 00:22
I really have to check that album out Frank ... And I will.   Currently listening to Climax Chicago ("Flight" etc) ... Also Stone Roses would you believe - I am the Resurrection etc. Powerful stuff from both bands ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2018 at 00:59
Actually, Frank etc ... If you are into really good blues ... This us Climax Blues Band, with ST. Michaels Blues ... Classic stuff ... https://youtu.be/XUFT2uMzexc
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 137138139140141 150>