The Grove Social Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Grove Social Club > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Grove Pictures?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 32>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny3fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 21:37
ive made this topic a sticky, so if anyone find pictures they can easily find it again. As someone said it could have been any time frame in the grove!! by the way hayseed, get off my seat :P
work. the curse of the drinking classes!

-----grover 90 - 96 ish------
Sponsored Links

Hayseed Dixie View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 22:01
hehe!! was the ghost of the phantom snoggers still floating around in the nineties then Lenny?

Thanks for making this a sticky...now all we have to do is get people to post some more pics...there have to be plenty out there getting blue mouldy at the bottom of tin boxes...

Here's another one.. not actually in the Grove..but pretty sure this was before before we headed out there..is in the Nep in Abbey St.

That's yours truly third from the left...the blonde girl was Anne Gregory..where is she now..?..other side of me is Eugene Glancy who remains a good friend to this day and the girl with him is an old ex of his Anne Fitzsimons...trying to remember the name of the guy on the end...Ed something or other.....but all are Ex-Grovers anyway

The good ole nep..many a happy night spent in there... with Paddy behind the bar and Mick on the door.,..oh and the mad priest who used to tell all kinds of mad tales to sponge a drink of anyone he could...

Those were the days huh!!
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - (Henri Cartier-Bresson)
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 22:32
and my last one...is from The Summit in Howth I think...at one of the guys 21sts as far as I remember...still within the Grove era...

Okay..that's herself..Bluebell ..immediately beside her is Noel Glancy...and Sean O'Sullivan..behind is Shane Doyle and Eugene again... Shane and Sean both had older brothers who went to the Grove too..before and during the time we did..

Anyways..that's about all the Grove era pics that I have ...so lets see some more....

If you don't know how to upload just ask me or any of the senior members ..and you'll be sorted
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - (Henri Cartier-Bresson)
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2006 at 11:20

I have of photo of meself from (I think) around 1983-1984.  Its not taken at the Grove itself but at someone's 21st party in that hotel in Portmarnock (where Tamangos is/was) - and, no, I was never actually at Tamangos, I'm glad to say

I might just bring it with me to the reunion night as I dont have a scanner...

TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
finno View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
�77 to 82ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2006 at 11:23
I've been looking for some old photos of the grove. no luck yet but did find photes of Stryder in concert Anyone remember them? They were all grovers as well.

Edited by finno
A man must have a code
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2006 at 11:38

The more the merrier...

Maybe someone should set up a PC and scanner at the Re-union..hehehe!!!

Just kiddin'..well... mostly just kiddin'...
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2006 at 23:33

Yeah Finno, Stryder have been discussed at length all over the Forum.

Messrs Quigley and Kennedy are personally known to a few of the regulars so if ya read enough,you'll find them mentioned in several places.

Rolo.

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2006 at 00:34

Originally posted by Hayseed Dixie Hayseed Dixie wrote:

and my last one...is from The Summit in Howth I think...at one of the guys 21sts as far as I remember...still within the Grove era...

Okay..that's herself..Bluebell ..immediately beside her is Noel Glancy...and Sean O'Sullivan..behind is Shane Doyle and Eugene again... Shane and Sean both had older brothers who went to the Grove too..before and during the time we did..

Anyways..that's about all the Grove era pics that I have ...so lets see some more....

If you don't know how to upload just ask me or any of the senior members ..and you'll be sorted

Robbie, I'm sure I knew the Shane fella.Was he from Kinsealy, and the Eugene fella,think he was going out with a girl I knew at one stage,can't remember her name.

Think Shane might've knocked around with Derek Murray who was at Man Utd. for a few years.

Rolo.

’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2006 at 11:56

Sounds like him Rolo...he lived in Balgriffin...on the grounds of Belcamp College actually...was a whole load of brothers who were all Grovers...think the eldest guy was probably even at the old Grove. He trains horses in Kentucky now...long way from The Grove..

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2006 at 17:43

Yeah Hayseed, might bump into him at the next Ryder Cup.

Oh yeah, tell us, did yiz call your man Eugene, Uggi or something like that.

Rolo.

Edited by Rolo
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2006 at 19:08

Yep..did indeed...still do...
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2006 at 19:10

&nbs p;         &nbs p;         &nbs p;        

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2006 at 13:50

Left to right, John Daly, Noeleen Gregory, Peter Geraghty, Tommy Smith , Liam O' Rourke and Rolo.

Easter, 1981. ( Thanks Teresa .)

Rolo.

Edited by Rolo
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2006 at 15:10

Hey Rolo...can't see that image ...
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2006 at 15:12

It's actually pointing to a folder on your PC I think. You'll need to upload i to somewhere like Photobucket first if I'm not mistaken..least that's what I had to do with my pics...
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2006 at 15:14

That's waaaaaay too technical for me Hayseed, I can see it alright.

Any other suggestions ?

Rolo.

Noodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2006 at 15:25

Hey Rolo, I can see it too.

Don't know any of them though !

Noodles.

’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2006 at 15:29

Bugger!! that's weird...maybe it's on my end...tho  I can see other pics..including mine okay.

Maybe it's something to do with my browser. I run Firefox..not Internet Exploder...

will load IE now and see if I can see it.

Is Noeleen Gregory related to Anne Gregory (see my previous pic)..? seem to remember she had a sister okay.
’79 - ’84 (approx)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayseed Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2006 at 15:32

No luck. Just getting the little red x there...

Ah well...maybe it will appear later.
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2006 at 15:50

Originally posted by Hayseed Dixie Hayseed Dixie wrote:

Is Noeleen Gregory related to Anne Gregory (see my previous pic)..? seem to remember she had a sister okay.

Don't know Hayseed, was actually going to ask you the same thing. She was going out with the lad that took that pic at the time. Think they were from Donaghmede or somewhere like that.

Rolo.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 32>