Forum Home Forum Home > Non Grove Related Stuff > Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Links?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 65>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-April-2006 at 17:52
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Sponsored Links

Black Russian View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-April-2006 at 09:59

http://www.mothergooserocks.com/headandshoulders.html

You may need some sound to this one

"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2006 at 18:57

Lads, won the local GAA Club's ( Craobh Chiarain ) Annual Golf Classic last Friday.

1st prize, a trip to here.........................looks spectacular.

www.oldheadgolflinks.com

Can't wait.

Rolo.

Edited by Rolo
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 03:39
Congrats Rolo looks a nice place to play golf(I hate golf too )

Blondie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1978 - 1981 ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 04:38
 well done Rolo that place looks stunning assume trip for two so are all golf buddies clamouring to go with you ?????
Blondie
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it !
xgrovehead View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

88/89 ish to 1992ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xgrovehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 04:53

Rolo - delighted you won the prize.  Its a pity that its that particular golf course - you know its been the centre of some nasty protests with the locals? 

I'm afraid that on principle I won't be able to go with you - they've shut off access to what should be an amenity for all, I hate golf and you haven't asked me!smiley2

Seriously though its a sad story. Link below.

http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2002/04/01/story25820.a sp

We have not inherited the earth from our ancestors, we have only borrowed it from our children.
-Ancient Proverb.
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 07:23

Blondie, it's actually for four and it was a Four Person Team thing that we won so all four of us are going, me, my Da and two of my mates.

X, I'm reasonably familiar with the issues the locals have and would sympathise with them, but in this particular case I'll have to put aside my moral objections and suffer on.

The bleedin' Green Fees are normally € 275 per person.

Rolo.

Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

88/89 ish to 1992ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xgrovehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 07:35
Originally posted by Rolo Rolo wrote:

X, I'm reasonably familiar with the issues the locals have and would sympathise with them, but in this particular case I'll have to put aside my moral objections and suffer on.

The bleedin' Green Fees are normally € 275 per person.

Rolo.

You can tie your high horse to the chain link fence outside and leave him to enjoy the bit of the view that's left for the plebs!

Ah only messing - enjoy it, the views will be amazing if you get good weather - you might even see some cetaceans.

Edited by xgrovehead
We have not inherited the earth from our ancestors, we have only borrowed it from our children.
-Ancient Proverb.
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 07:41
Yeah Rolo bloody Local always get in the way of these things

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 07:58
Originally posted by xgrovehead xgrovehead wrote:

You can tie your high horse to the chain link fence outside and leave him to enjoy the bit of the view that's left for the plebs!

Ah only messing - enjoy it, the views will be amazing if you get good weather - you might even see some cetaceans.

Some whats  ?????????????

Anyway, as for the horse, fecker's so well trained he'll jump the fence and do a runner.smiley2

Not going 'til 16th June,so you can voice your objections in person on the 7th.

Rolo.

Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

88/89 ish to 1992ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xgrovehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 08:42

Cetaceans are whales and dolphins - used to be a great spot to see them from apparently.  I've never seen any in Irish waters unfortunately, maybe this year I'll get lucky.

Of course your horse would be well trained at jumping fences, given his owner.

-Ancient Proverb.
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 08:50

X on one of my previous visits home we went to Achill Island for Paddy's day as my Sis has a place there.  Anyhow we all had the top row of little appartments and each balcony led to the next.  So Paddy's morning we are all sitting out there and low and behold we spot a whale.  We sat there for about an hour just watching him play and splash only to find it was a rock!!!!!... Well if you only heard the oooohhh's and ahhhhhh's about the lovely whale....

Must of been all those pints the night before!!!!!!

Nothing to do with me - I was sitting in with my then little nine month old....

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

88/89 ish to 1992ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xgrovehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 09:07
Originally posted by eejit91 eejit91 wrote:

X on one of my previous visits home we went to Achill Island for Paddy's day as my Sis has a place there.  Anyhow we all had the top row of little appartments and each balcony led to the next.  So Paddy's morning we are all sitting out there and low and behold we spot a whale.  We sat there for about an hour just watching him play and splash only to find it was a rock!!!!!... Well if you only heard the oooohhh's and ahhhhhh's about the lovely whale....

Teresa - that is hilarious you should post it in the jokes section!!!!!!

Still laughing to myself.....................

-Ancient Proverb.
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 09:10

Hmmmmm nothing like a drop of Whale Fin soup or is that Shrk fin soup...

Mate of mine went fishing of Waterford I think fishing for Shark..

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 09:38

Originally posted by xgrovehead xgrovehead wrote:

We sat there for about an hour just watching him play and splash only to find it was a rock!!!!!... Well if you only heard the oooohhh's and ahhhhhh's about the lovely whale....

Don't mind them T, that's an easy mistake to make.smiley23smiley23

Rolo.

eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 10:39
It was Rolo - a big black thing way out at sea - looked very much like a whale but after an hour in the same spot - something was wrong....
star View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
Really Really Senior Member
89-92 I think so anyway!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 17:24

Congrats Rolo, fair play , you'll have a deadly time. You deserve it cos you are a real sports fan and you put good time and effort into everything you do , even the kids and their sports.

Enjoy it when the time comes around x

Never Again on a school night! Famous last words
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 09:19

Thanks Star,

Really looking forward to the day, we've decided to fly down and back so we don't have to do an overnight, 'cos with trying to organise the four of us,it was proving very difficult to get a mutually convenient date.

Rolo.

86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 09:54
Originally posted by eejit91 eejit91 wrote:

It might have been Loch Ness monster on holidays too

eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2006 at 09:58
It might Peter never thought of that!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 65>