Christmas Number 1?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
xgrovehead View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

88/89 ish to 1992ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xgrovehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2006 at 05:17
Originally posted by eejit91 eejit91 wrote:

Originally posted by xgrovehead xgrovehead wrote:

Ah Rolo,

Thats so yesterday now, we've all moved on!Big smile

AH Xgh your mean! I want that to be kept up - not deleted!

It was great Rolo.

Arra I was only sl*gging.

Sponsored Links

Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

88/89 ish to 1992ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xgrovehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2006 at 05:16
Originally posted by Rolo Rolo wrote:

You not get a 2006 calendar yet ? Miss the sig.

Rolo.

No I didn't - terrible isn't it.  It shows up my lack of imagination too, not being able to think up one for myself.

Stevie View Drop Down
1976-81ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2006 at 11:57

Clap Ann, thats wonderful, what a talented and special mum you are,

your "babies" are so lucky that YOU have adopted them! how about a photo? I'd love to see it as I'm sure other members would, I'm sure they're beautiful.

Hope John managed to get a good look in your presses, there's no point in doing all that work unless vistors appreciate the effort and do a thorough inspection!!!!

Stevie

Edited by Stevie
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Grove Years 1979-1983-84ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2006 at 20:17
Originally posted by xgrovehead xgrovehead wrote:

Ah Rolo,

AH Xgh your mean! I want that to be kept up - not deleted!

It was great Rolo.

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2006 at 09:34

Think he's back in UK today,back in work Wednesday.

You not get a 2006 calendar yet ? Miss the sig.

Rolo.

Edited by Rolo
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

88/89 ish to 1992ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xgrovehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2006 at 09:10
Let you off this time. Its fierce quiet here , isn't Russell due back today?
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2006 at 08:50

Well until someone else produces a contender....................

What harm ?

Rolo.

Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

88/89 ish to 1992ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xgrovehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2006 at 08:45

Ah Rolo,

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2006 at 07:52

Sorry lads,

That's just me keeping Noodles' song Top of the Pops.

Rolo.

Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

88/89 ish to 1992ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xgrovehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2006 at 10:01

Fair play Ann, great idea and they'll treasure it always.

eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2006 at 09:49

Ann it all sounds so great! Your a great Mother I can tell.  Fair play to you.

Cheers - your kids will cherish that more than you will ever know.

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better."
Ann Whelan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann Whelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2006 at 09:20
Actually I have written  a book about the children which I've designed, put all my favourite photos and memories of them in. I have done a chapter on each one of them all about how special, wanted and loved they were/are and every feeling and emotion I ever felt for each of them. As our little ones are adopted, like myself, I wanted them to know how treasured they are to us and never have any questions in their minds that they were afraid to ask so I left no stone unturned. I wrote all about our trips to Mexico to meet our son, the first meeting etc, all the special unforgettable memories.....the funny things he did and said as a toddler, school...and have it all documented with photos. I did the same for each of the girls and have all the memories of the Kingdom of cambodia in it. Then there is naturally enough the chapter on when we had the four of them together and how they all get on and the entertaining things that they do and say. I also wrote lots of little poems about them and for each of them, nothing mega talented but should be cute for them!There are about 2000+ pages in it!!!! Each year I plan on doing a sequel!!!! So it is a bit tough on the eyes for reading. But I am sure that they will tresure it when they get older & I am a senior member!!!Wink
Ann
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!

88/89 ish to 1992ish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xgrovehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2006 at 09:05

Ann

The book idea sounds brilliant a great momentoe for them to have of childhood.

Caricatures!!  LOL

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2006 at 08:55

So Ann,

If I get you photos of this lot,what about the caricatures ?

Rolo.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann Whelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2006 at 08:53

Sure I'll be able to see ye all at the Book signing in easons!

I actually illustrated a childrens book on the classic fairytales years ago that was published and appeared on the Late Late Christmas show. i also won a competition run on RTE's BB Baskins programme (think that was the name...so long ago I'd forgotton those things!) and I was interviewed on said programme!! Never thought of taping it and it would have been fun for my kids to have now and see!!

Ann
eejit91 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eejit91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2006 at 08:49

Ann I would love a copy of that also! Don't forget your mates and forget the presses with the hopes that your cousin wont be up that high....  God love anyone who would venture into mineEmbarrassed

Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2006 at 08:41

Gosh Ann,

That sounds magic.If you do ever succeed in getting published make sure a few original signed copies find their way to your new mates.

Rolo.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann Whelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2006 at 08:31

Hi Rolo

have decided to write and illustrate a children's book which I only just begun ......based on a little loving character Lily buttercup (alias my darling little Veacha) who comes all the way from Asia to live with her new family on a Tropical island and this is where all the action & excitement begins. Even tho she has a heart of pure solid gold, she is forever getting up to mischief and thus trouble is never very far behind. Tragically I don't even have to make up the script, all I have to do is write down what goes on with the minors!!!! The illustrations when I start should be highly detailed and I will paint all the beautiful images that I have from Cambodia in vivid colour ...from the Royal Palace to the Temples and Riverfront scenes that I have captured in my mind. Plus all the antics that they get up to here....I think our kids are so photogenic that they will make the most perfect characters, even visually for any book. I will try getting it published later when it is completed and if it never gets published, it will be a unique lasting memory for the children to have in years to come.

At the momento tho I am up a ladder cleaning my kitchen presses for the arrival of my cousin who arrives here on Fri. Two more weeks of partying and my liver is just about recovering from Johns visit!!!! T'is a tough life for sure!

Ann
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2006 at 08:02

Ah sure Ann,

I knew that,but would be great if you could do a few caricatures.

Rolo.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann Whelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2006 at 07:51
Ann Whelan wrote:

That ode was el brillianto! Keep the Poetic juices flowing! It certainly put a smile on my face. The talent we have on this site ...

ClapWinkClap

Actually I was referring to the poem that was penned which mentioned many of de prominent members here!!!!Confused

Sorry Rolo!Cry

Ann
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>