The Grove Social Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Grove Social Club > Memory Lane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New to the Grove Website? Introduce yourself!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to the Grove Website? Introduce yourself!
    Posted: 04-May-2018 at 13:27
And biker pat, thanks so much for the welcome and kind words. I suspect a lot of fellow souls in here.

Black Russian was telling me about the radio show, will tune in tonight, possibly with the aidof a bottle of white wine - which is far from where I was reared but anyway,!!! The brasso gets harder to digest as one gets older!!!

Thanks again...
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2018 at 13:23
Cheers Joey, many thanks for the kind words.

Been a while since I watched the commitments, but now you remind me ...
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2018 at 13:22
Yo RR

Am 1972 vintage.

Like your taste in music.

Re The Grove Radio Show.

It's on air tonight on Near FM 90.3 from 9:30pm to 11.30pm.

May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
joey the lips View Drop Down
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2018 at 13:20
Welcome to the site Gerry Thumbs Up
You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2018 at 13:16
Thanks very much for the kind words VJ, be great to meet up at some stage and see how people are doing. I just read a great quote this morning, in a review of the first gig of U2's new tour: "...those youthful years of hunger and ebullience stay with you forever." Slightly emotive maybe for the time of day!, but I think it expresses neatly why people like us get involved in groups like this ... We may be older on the outside, but on the inside...😌

And in case I forget, I can't remember if Cecil ever played the band with the real "best guitarist ever", lol! Of course I'm talking about Mountain, with Leslie West on guitar. Listen again to the "Nantucket Sleighride" and "Flowers of Evil" albums and be reminded what a true virtuoso can do (not that I'm biased or anything!!! 😬)

Thanks again for the kind welcome.
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2018 at 12:15
Welcome aboard Gerry.  Good to see a new face around these parts.  This place lost a bit of its "oomph" when some of our crew drifted to Facebook but there's still a good few of us here. 

As Peter (Black Russian) said, there'll be reunions held and we also have the occasional meet-up for a few drinkies as well, so hope to meet in the flesh at some point soon.

Again, welcome! Thumbs Up
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2018 at 12:17
Sorry Phil chevron not involved, Pete holidai is. Dark shadows and rust the name of their new album...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2018 at 12:09
Hi rolo, yeah they are basically a reformation of the radiators from space - Phil chevron, Steve rapid (averil), new guy Tony st. Ledger, Johnny Bonnieon drums, one or two others. If you google the name you'll find plenty of videos etc. They have a new album out in the last little while, seems very good. I've only been checking them out thus week, by chance met a former grove head (a lady) who is involved with one of the band, she was telling me about them...
Rolo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
�79 - �85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2018 at 11:29
Trouble Pilgrims, isn't there a crossover with The Radiators from back in the day ?

Pete Holidai is definitely involved as far as I know.

TV Tube Heart and Ghost Town, two great albums from the halcyon days of the Dublin Music scene in the late 70s.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2018 at 11:25
Cheers man, and thank you for the kind words. I will def make an effort to get to whatever reunion might come up next. I am living a little bit of a distance at the moment - closer to electric-picnic land than the electric ladyland of the grove and its environs! But will make an effort to attend some kind of face-to-face social activity whenever it comes around...

Free, Clapton (but not puke-erful tonight!), savoy brown, led Zeppelin, deep purple, the aforementioned budgie, and any and every rock/blues band we could harangue Cecil into playing, was where I was at (and still am, by and large) musically. Discovered quite by chance on Tuesday, a connection with a grover-er who is Involved with one of the guys in a band called Trouble Pilgrims. This led me on a train of thought/reminiscence that got me joining this website ... If you get a chance to check out trouble pilgrims, they are well worth a listen. Basically a reformed radiators from space, with couple of new members, they play straight ahead rock/bluesy stuff with the odd bit of a twist ... most enjoyable ... as you can see I don't often be lost for words, paragraphs etc ! Thanks again for the contact.
Black Russian View Drop Down
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2018 at 11:11
"Welcome to the Machine" Raheny Rhythm

There will be more reunions so don't worry you will get to one yet :-)
"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2018 at 10:47
Cheers and Tx for the kind welcome. Will be checking in and out, try keep in touch a bit better, see what's up ...
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2018 at 08:25
Welcome to the Forum Thumbs Up

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2018 at 00:32
Hello. Grover from 1971 to 73/74, so I was mainly a belgrove member (went to Paul's couple of times but it was lost on me really, plus I was gettin way too old by that stage - must have been nearly 20 by then!!!) missed all the reunions etc so far sure if there's another one might go along, see if any others of my generation are there with their walking frames! I was big into Bowie, t-Rex, doobies, etc. Life on Mars, Starman, Sylvia's mother (God, remember Sylvia's mother!!!) for the "lurches"! If we went early enough Cecil would stick on whatever album we'd brought along - Budgie's sqwauk (I don't think I've spelled it right?) was one I used to bring along, not sure Cecil really appreciated it! Will be back for more on and off ...
Sister1 View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2018 at 20:09
Good to see so many at Harry's Byrnes last night. Will have to check in more often here.
Keep it Local, Keep it Near!
Uncle Arthur View Drop Down
80-85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Uncle Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2017 at 19:21
Let's get this party started🎸🎤🎹
UA

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity but an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty"

Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2017 at 17:25
Welcome back UA. Thumbs Up
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Uncle Arthur View Drop Down
80-85

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2017 at 20:29
I was afraid I was missing something
UA

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity but an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty"

Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2017 at 11:42
Yo Chris, good to see you on here again.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Chris Rooney View Drop Down
Die Hard Grover!
 Die Hard Grover!
83-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Rooney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2017 at 00:43
How's yer sausage?
Lovely cushioned header, for Gerrard!!!! Oooooooooooh you beauty! What a hit son, what a hit!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>