Forum Home Forum Home > The Grove Social Club > Grove Reunions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Next Grove Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
89-93

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Next Grove Reunion
    Posted: 22-December-2013 at 22:51
Cecil and myself have been discussing the possibility of another reunion between now and the 50th Anniversary 2017, and we feel that while the demand isn't anywhere close to the "Old Shieling days", there is still enough of an attendance to put on another reunion between now and then. We're also thinking about scheduling it on a normal Saturday night (non-bank holiday weekend). In order for this next reunion to work on a financial level, our advertising will be reduced and we'll be relying on the power of word of mouth and the internet. We will also be using a smaller venue, something more suitable to accommodate the kinds of numbers present at the last two reunions. 

Is there a particular time of year that would be preferential?
I'm not even supposed to be here today!
Sponsored Links

joey the lips View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-December-2013 at 09:05
Anytime really Cool
You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-December-2013 at 11:47
I agree with Joey in that anytime suits really but if I had to choose, I would suggest some time during the summer. Smile
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-December-2013 at 14:05
In the summer time when the weather is high
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find Thumbs Up

May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Sister1 View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
Really Really Senior Member
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-December-2013 at 16:17
Thanks Andy.

I would say October (not bank holiday as you say). This would avoid summer holidays and rush prior to xmas.

Brian.
Keep it Local, Keep it Near!
jenimcc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenimcc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-June-2014 at 21:43
I know I'm coming late to this, but how about either the last weekend in August or last weekend in September. Bring us back to our school days!

J
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-June-2014 at 22:09
Welcome Jenincc.

There is just one Grove reunion now. It's on the October bank holiday weekend.

Sure we'd love one every Saturday night during the summer but alas not possible.

Pat

May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-June-2014 at 16:22
Welcome Jenimcc. Thumbs Up

@Pat - I think Jenimcc was referring to Andy's post at the top of the thread, asking for suggestions as to when to hold the reunion.  Although, more than likely it's gonna be October I agree, given that we havent heard anything about one earlier than that.

There is deffo going to be one this year I assume!?

ShortHairHippie View Drop Down
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-June-2014 at 18:22
I dont think there will be a reunion this year
upon us all,a little rain must fall
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-June-2014 at 13:15
Why do you say that Seán?  Did you hear something?

I'm working on the assumption that there will be one in October unless Andy says there won't be.

I bump into Cecil from time to time on the train and I'll ask him when I see him.
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2014 at 15:48
well Mel,he did say the next reunion would be the 50th anniversary,which is 2017...plus the numbers attending the reunions have been down...
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2014 at 10:16
Sean,

Andy posted this >>>>>> "Cecil and myself have been discussing the possibility of another reunion between now and the 50th Anniversary 2017" in his message at the top of this thread.

Admittedly, this doesnt mean that there will be one this year but fingers crossed. Smile
monarch View Drop Down
Oldest Grover 67-72?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2014 at 15:14
It's not really fair on Andy to come all that way for a reunion .

Maybe someone else should take up the baton and run with it

....... eh Peter(Black Russian) .
There is a crack in everything ...... that's how the light gets in
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2014 at 10:32
Originally posted by monarch monarch wrote:

Frank, 100% agree.

I always just assumed that Andy was back in Ireland in and around October B/H weekend for the last couple of reunions.  Certainly, I dont think anyone would want Andy to have to come over to Ireland just so we could get a reunion sorted.  Entirely up to him and Cecil of course when they have the nights.  We all enjoy them, wherever and whenever they are. Smile 

86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2014 at 16:14
next year would be better,as we would only have to wait 2 years for the 50th,instead of 3...but I agree with Frank,and whenever suits Andy and Cecil is cool
Grovegirl View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
77-81

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-June-2014 at 20:24
Hoping we have one in October, as usual ExclamationExclamationExclamation
GG
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-June-2014 at 21:20
Me too.....
joey the lips View Drop Down
1979 -1983

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey the lips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-June-2014 at 13:38
Here,s hoping
You can checkout anytime u like but u can never leave
Black Russian View Drop Down
86-92 and Still going

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Russian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2014 at 17:37
Originally posted by Vinyl Junkie Vinyl Junkie wrote:

Originally posted by monarch monarch wrote:

Frank, 100% agree.

I always just assumed that Andy was back in Ireland in and around October B/H weekend for the last couple of reunions.  Certainly, I dont think anyone would want Andy to have to come over to Ireland just so we could get a reunion sorted.  Entirely up to him and Cecil of course when they have the nights.  We all enjoy them, wherever and whenever they are. Smile 

Thanks for the vote of confidence, why fix something thats not broken, but the whole Grove reunion gig is Andy's and Andy alone as much as I'd love to put my hand at standing at the top of the room playing music's for you all and get the experience too Smile.
I think Andy loves doing the reunions as much as we enjoy going to them and wouldn't travel over if he didn't and he knows there is no pressure or we expect him to put one on each year.

I think a reunion at the end of September is a good option.
1. Every home from Holiday
2. Kids are back in school
3. Pay day is the end of the month for a lot of people
4. No bank holiday...
5. Because we want one.

Peter
"Legal downloads is killing Piracy"

http://www.flickr.com/groups/th
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2014 at 22:27
I bumped into Cecil in the ILAC centre around lunchtime this afternoon.  I asked him if there would be a reunion this year and also that a few people had been asking about it on here.  He initially joked that there wouldnt be any more as he was getting too old......then he said that he hadn't been speaking to Andy but he DID say, as he was leaving, something like "there should be".......cant remember his exact words but something like that (I think)....Smile.  Don't hang me if there isnt one now... 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>