The Grove Radio/The Full Deck Show

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Pogue Mahoney View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Grove Radio/The Full Deck Show
    Posted: 08-February-2019 at 20:44
The best way for me to listen to the The Grove Show is to go to Near FM Live Stream on YouTube.  The thing is,  they have a text box to leave messages but not sure if the DJs actually see it as they have never replied any time I left a comment (probably for other good reasons HAH)

Just asking like because I am the only person on earth now that still refuses to join Facebook. 

also..it would be nice when guests join the show that the camera angle is moved slightly to catch a glimpse of what they look like instead of a small portion of the top of their heads..it's easier to sl*g them that way.
Sponsored Links

ShortHairHippie View Drop Down
I spend too much time here!!!
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-February-2019 at 16:03
the Grove radio show is back tonight on Near 90.3 fm,at 930 pm,our guests tonight are Paula and Dermot O'Connor,who met each other at the Grove,and went on to get married...tune in to hear their Grove stories, and some cool tunes
upon us all,a little rain must fall
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-December-2018 at 00:22
Hi Brian

Checked into FB.

Great playlist.

Thanks for playing Quo.

All good here.

Looking forward to New Year celebrations.

They go nuts here lol 😅😅😅
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Sister1 View Drop Down
Really Really Senior Member
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-December-2018 at 13:15
Pat the show went really well. I posted te playlist on FB last night and you were first up. It was a great idea by Lesley and a great playlist by everyone. Hope all is ok there.
Keep it Local, Keep it Near!
Biker Pat View Drop Down
72-75

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biker Pat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-December-2018 at 12:05
So sorry I missed last nights show.

Where I am had no wifi working at 5.30am when I tried to tune in.

The signal can be erratic where I'm staying.

Hope the show was a success as the theme for the show was a great idea and I had a song requested.

😢😭😭😭
May be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride.

Biker Pat

Grove 1972-1975
Sister1 View Drop Down
88-91

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-December-2018 at 09:49
Hi All. Next Grove Show on Dec 28 we want to feature song choices from grovers living abroad. This was suggeated by Lesley in Oz and will be called Home thoughts from abroad. We want a song choice, where the grover is living and why they chose that song. Can be for loved ones living or passed on. Thanks all.
Keep it Local, Keep it Near!
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2018 at 20:02
Grove radio show Christmas special tonight on Near 90.3 fm 21:30-23:30 hrs.
Pogue Mahoney View Drop Down
I have no life!
I have no life!
68-71

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogue Mahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-December-2018 at 19:42
Toys! Toys?...you are lucky. All we had to play with was a stick and bicycle tyre...Soccer Ball! Soccer Ball/...our soccer ball was made out of newspaper!

I'll be using that every time my wife gets upset– "Hey!---don't throw your toys out of the pram"Thumbs Up
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-December-2018 at 16:46
it's ok Mel,I won't throw the toys out of the pram
Vinyl Junkie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-December-2018 at 12:12
Good man Sean (like I say, sorry I missed it) - thanks also, Gerry! Thumbs Up
TPFKAB (The Poster Formerly Known As Brunswick).
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2018 at 15:55
Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2018 at 15:51
I totally enjoyed it on your behalf Mel !
One of its legs is both the same
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2018 at 15:47
played La Grange for you Mel
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-December-2018 at 23:58
Sorry I missed the show - was watching the other (Toy) show...family tradition...
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2018 at 15:54
Gerry
Rahenyrhythm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahenyrhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2018 at 15:12
Cheers Sean ...
One of its legs is both the same
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2018 at 14:38
last night's Grove radio show playlist is now posted on the Grove Facebook pages.
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-October-2018 at 01:52
great story Mel...the front room in my parents was kind of like that ( but had wallpaper ) we would meet there for pre Grove drinks,and listen to records to get us going...fun times
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
79-86 (roughly)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinyl Junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2018 at 20:56
I remember that my circle of friends - both lads and girls - widened considerably after going to the Grove. Some of our crew had other friends and we grew into a bit of a mob (for want of a better phrase) and we hung out down the back of the hall and then hit the park on a Sunday or went to someone's house (usually Bugzy's house down near the Shieling). Some on here will remember Bugzy and her "Goon room" - basically a den/room where there was a record player and records upstairs and we'd all head in there, smoke cigarettes and draw artwork or write poetry/songs on her walls - the room had no wallpaper and she encouraged us to be creative. Great, great days.
86-present

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortHairHippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2018 at 17:11
Mel,when I went to St. Pauls,I went with the same mates all the time,and cant say I ever made new friends ( girlfriends excluded ) but since the revival,I have made new friends,from different eras of the Grove...so in my opinion,the 'new' Grove is far better than when we were teens,dont get me wrong,I loved St. Pauls,but we never had meet ups like we do now,its more a social club now than ever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>